Hikking & Trekking
Project Study trips
One day Picnics
- 1 Days
- 06:30am Assemble at Surat Station
- Reach to GO GREEN NURSERY & YUSUF MEHERALLY CENTRE (Enroute breakfast will be served)
- 10:00am Educational session
- 12:00noon Buffet Lunch
- 02:00pm Reach to KESHAV SRUSHTI
- 04:00pm BOMBAY NATURAL HISTORY SOCIETY’S
- 08:00pm way to Surat
- 10:30pm Arrive Surat
- 06:15pm Depart for Surat
- 09:45pm Arrive surat
- Topics will be part of the broad programme which includes experiments, field observation, presentation, quiz contest, etc. The topics include: > Plants classification > Plants In Daily Life (Bushes, Climbers, creepers, Trees & Grasses) > Curative power of various Medicinal plants > World of Flowering > Biodiversity of plant world > Plantation Techniques > Understanding Nature’s food chain > Water Conservation > Cleaner Air, Healthier Living > Management Techniques.
Activities & project that can be covered in Keshav Srushti Environment Orientation Programme.
Assisted trail around Keshav Srushti for 1.5 hr in group of 35 students.
- Trail around Keshav Srushti (Ecosystem, Biodiversity, Plant taxonomy (identification & classifications), grafting, planting, medicinal plants.
- Visit to Biogas plant
- Solar energy
- Organic fertilizers & implementation.
- Green house
- Aquiculture (Bee keeping & knowing life cycle)
- Keshav Srushti Gaushala & Animal husbandry
- Agricultural activities – visit to vegetable cultivation, orchards, tools & techniques, etc.
- Visit to Check dam, canals, drip irrigation
- Water conservation – Rain water harvesting
Located inside the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, NIC conducts various environmental education and awareness
programmes for students. The activities conducted by the Centre are:
- Nature walk conducted by experts on designated pathways into the forest. This walk gives the students a firsthand experience of the forests.
- Slide shows on various environmental topics
- Wildlife film show – these documentaries give the students an in depth knowledge about Indian wildlife.
- The interactive session helps the students to understand the intricacies of nature through games.
- The Lion & Tiger safari gives the students an opportunity to see these large wild cats in their natural surroundings, their behaviour, and habits.
- The nature exhibition helps the students to gain knowledge on nature, its conservation and the flora and fauna of the National Park.
BNHS’s Conservation Education Centre is located on 33 acres of land on the outskirts of the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai (near Film City, Goregaon). The Centre’s mission is Conservation of Nature through Education and the aims are:
- To develop innovative techniques and aids for nature conservation education
- To provide consultancy and training service in conservation education techniques.
- To demonstrate and promote environment-friendly practices.
- To become the national centre of excellence for nature conservation
The Centre consists of three interactive public areas namely, Display Hall, Discovery Room and Auditorium.
The 33-acres of land, which is well covered with deciduous forest, is used for conducting nature trails. Five
nature trails have been designed and have interpretation stations installed on the trails. A variety of small wildlife can be seen while on the trail, which is very attractive to visitors coming to the Centre.