GLORIOUS MEGHALYA – 3 nights / 4 Days Tour.
A charming state located in the North-east region of India, Meghalaya is a picturesque place with scenic views. The word ‘Meghalaya’ is taken from Sanskrit language, and means ‘abode of clouds’ in English. The region boasts of magical peaks, lush green valleys, and cascading streams, ample wildlife and diverse plantation, which make it seem like a paradise on earth. A Meghalaya travel package will be a perfect gift for anyone who wishes to experience the bounties of nature.
- Accommodation for 2 nights in Shillong
- Accommodation for 1 night in Cherrapunjee
- Excursion to Cherrapunjee
- Sightseeing tour of Shillong
- Meeting & assistance on arrival at Guwahati Airport
- 2 nights accommodation in Shillong
- 1 night accommodation in Cherrapunjee
- Daily buffet/ fixed menu breakfast at all places
- Air-conditioned car for all transfers & sightseeing by AC Tata Indica / Sumo as per itinerary (Depending upon size of group)
- All currently applicable taxes
- Air fare / train fare
- Any meals other than those specified in ‘cost includes’
- Any other item not specified in ‘cost includes’
- Guide & entrance fees during sightseeing
- Meals except where stated, telephone, laundry, gratuities or any personal items
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc.
- Government service tax extra as applicable on total billing
After arrival at Guwahati airport, you’ll be driven to Shillong (140-km / 4 hrs approx). Check into the hotel, have refreshment and visit the Cathedral of Mary. Check out the famous Police Bazaar on foot, later in the evening. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Get ready to visit Cherrapunjee (60-km / 2 hr drive) after breakfast. En-route, stop at the popular Elephant Falls and Shillong Peak, which offers a spectacular bird’s eye view of the Shillong city. Upon reaching Cherrapunjee, explore the Mawsmai Cave, and enchanting waterfalls like Mawsmai Falls, Seven Sisters Falls, and Nohkalikai Falls. Have your lunch and further visit the Thankarang Park, Khoh Ramhah, and Khrem Falls. Spend the night at the hotel.
On the 3rd day of your trip, have your breakfast and go out for local sightseeing in Cherrapunjee. Drive back later to Shillong. Later visit Ward’s Lake, Don Bosco Church. Overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast we drive to Yuksom (5840 Ft / 1780 Mts, 35 Kms / 02 Hrs) located 35 Kms from Pelling one way panoramic sightseeing of Darap Village, Rimbi Water fall & Hydro Project, Khecheopalri Lake (6000 Ft / 1829 Mts), it is one of the sacred Buddhist mountain lake and it is believed that whatever is wished in front of the lake comes true. Myth is that when a leaf falls on the placid clear water surface, it is picked by a bird & Kanchanjunga Water fall. A further drive takes you to Yuksom (the meeting place of three monks) – the first capital of Sikkim. This was the place where the first Chogyal (a ruling dynasty in Sikkim) was crowned. Evening transfer back to Pelling. Dinner & overnight stay at hotel in Pelling.
On the final day of your Meghalaya tour, have your breakfast and proceed to the Guwahati airport to connect flight for onward journey