ROYAL MADHYA PRADESH – 4 nights / 5 Days Tour.
At the heart of India, lies Madhya Pradesh. A beautiful, culturally rich, and historically deep state that is teeming with architectural marvels in the form of monuments, exquisitely carved temples, forts and palaces. A rich and varied geography, helps Madhya Pradesh to dominate the tourist market. Enjoy views of mountains, gurgling streams, meandering lazy rivers and thick dense forests. Soak in the majestic history of Madhya Pradesh on your royal Madhya Pradesh holiday tour.
- Accommodation for 1 night in Gwalior
- Accommodation for 1 night in Orchha
- Accommodation for 2 nights in Khajuraho
- Sightseeing tour of Gwalior
- Visit Datia, the 7 storied palace on the way to Orchha
- Sightseeing tour of Orchha
- Sightseeing tour of Khajuraho
- Meeting & assistance on arrival at Gwalior Airport
- 1 night accommodation in Gwalior
- 1 night accommodation in Orchha
- 2 nights accommodation in Khajuraho
- Daily buffet/ fixed menu meals as per below:
- Comfort & Deluxe Category: Daily buffet/ fixed menu breakfast at all places
- Luxury Category: Daily buffet/ fixed menu breakfast & dinner at Khajuraho & only breakfast at Orchha & Gwalior
- Air-conditioned car for all transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary
- All currently applicable taxes
- Air fare / train fare
- Any meals other than those specified in ‘cost includes’
- Any other item not specified in ‘cost includes’
- Guide & Entrance fees during sightseeing
- Government service tax extra as applicable on total billing
Kick start your royal Madhya Pradesh holiday tour by arriving at Gwalior. An ancient city, it is steeped in history and rich with royal splendor. Upon arrival, be met and transferred to your hotel by TUI representative. Rest a while, then set off to sightsee the various sites in the city like the Gwalior Fort, a dominant structure. Head up the hilly road to see the Jain Tirthankaras’ statutes carved out of rock. Also visit the Jai Vilas Palace and Museum. Spend the remaining day doing your own thing or explore the city. Return to hotel for the night.
Proceed to Orchha on your second day of royal Madhya Pradesh tour once you are done with breakfast. On the way visit Datia (1 – 2 hrs drive), also known as Daityavakra in the Mahabharata. The top monuments are the 7 storied Raja Bir Singh Deo palace and the Gopeshwar Temple. After this stop over, drive to Orchha. Afternoon proceed for the sightseeing tour of Orchha. Check out the various forts and temples and return to the hotel for the night.
A hearty breakfast will prep you for the journey to Khajuraho (150 kms/ 4 hrs). On arrival, at Khajuraho, check-in at your hotel. Soak in the wonderful sound and light show held at the Khajuraho temple complex. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4 of the Khajuraho holiday package takes you on a tour of the beautiful Western collection of temples. Khajuraho’s temples are a `world heritage` site due to the rich architecture. Best known for their intricately carved sculptures and carving, they will take your breath away. Spend the remaining day at pleasure and return to hotel for night stay.
Enjoy breakfast and get transferred to the airport to board a flight for your next destination.