SCENIC NORTH EAST – 6 nights / 7 Days Tour.
North East India, over the ages, has been a conjunctional point for a plethora of cultures, communities and traditions. Known for its breathtaking scenic beauty and diversity, North East India homes more than 166 different tribes speaking varied languages. Lush green forests, beautiful rivers, abundant rain and varied flora and fauna, make North East a must see destination.
- Accommodation for 2 nights in Gangtok
- Accommodation for 2 nights in Pelling
- Accommodation for 2 nights in Darjeeling
- Excursion to Tshangu Lake in Gangtok
- Sightseeing tour of Gangtok
- Sightseeing tour of Pelling
- Early morning excursion to Tiger Hill in Darjeeling
- Visit Tea Estates in Darjeeling
- Return economy class airfare for sector Delhi using Indigo/ for sector Mumbai using Spice Jet
- Assistance at Bagdogra airport
- 2 nights accommodation in Gangtok
- 2 nights accommodation in Pelling
- 2 nights accommodation in Darjeeling
- All transfers and sightseeing by Non air-conditioned Toyota Innova / Mahindra Xylo / Mahindra Scorpio or similar on sharing basis vehicle (6 pax per vehicle)
- Buffet / fixed menu breakfast & dinner
- Visit Tea Estates in Darjeeling
- All applicable hotel taxes
- Government service tax @ 3.09% extra on total billing
- Monument entrance fee, Camera fee guide charges & Camel or Horse Safari extra
- Gangtok / Darjeeling Ropeway Ride
- Any services other than mentioned
- Meals except where stated, telephone, laundry, gratuities or any personal items
- Additional or personal use of vehicles
- Any changes you may choose to make during your holiday
Meeting and assistance on arrival at Bagdogra airport (500 Ft / 150 Mts) and transfer by road to Gangtok (5500 Ft / 1677 Mts). On arrival check-in at hotel. Dinner & overnight stay at hotel.
After breakfast, in the morning, start for excursion to Tshangu Lake – situated at a height of 12400Ft / 3780 Mts with an average depth of 50 ft. The cool water of the Lake is perfectly attuned with the scenic beauty around. (Incase of Landslide or due to any other reasons if Tshangu Lake is closed then an alternate sightseeing will be provided). Dinner & overnight stay at hotel.
After breakfast, check out from the hotel and proceed for half day sightseeing tour of Gangtok covering Jhakri Water Falls along with Droul Chorthen, Research Institute of Tibetology (Closed on Sunday), Directorate of Handicraft & Handloom (Closed on Sunday) and Flower Show. After sightseeing transfer by road to Pelling (6100 Ft / 1860 Mts). On arrival check-in at hotel. Dinner & overnight stay at hotel in Pelling.
After breakfast we drive to Yuksom (5840 Ft / 1780 Mts, 35 Kms / 02 Hrs) located 35 Kms from Pelling one way panoramic sightseeing of Darap Village, Rimbi Water fall & Hydro Project, Khecheopalri Lake (6000 Ft / 1829 Mts), it is one of the sacred Buddhist mountain lake and it is believed that whatever is wished in front of the lake comes true. Myth is that when a leaf falls on the placid clear water surface, it is picked by a bird & Kanchanjunga Water fall. A further drive takes you to Yuksom (the meeting place of three monks) – the first capital of Sikkim. This was the place where the first Chogyal (a ruling dynasty in Sikkim) was crowned. Evening transfer back to Pelling. Dinner & overnight stay at hotel in Pelling.
After breakfast, check out from the hotel and transfer by road to Darjeeling (7380 Ft / 2250 Mts). On arrival check in to the hotel. Dinner & overnight stay at hotel in Darjeeling.
Early morning tour to Tiger Hills (8364 Ft / 2550 Mts at around 0400 hrs) to view sunrise over Kanchendzonga Peak (subject to clear weather). On way back to hotel visit Ghoom Monastery, Batasia Loop. After breakfast proceed for the half-day sightseeing of Japanese Temple, Peace pagoda, Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park & Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Tenzing & Gombu Rock, Tibetan Refugee Self-Help Center (Closed on Sunday) and panoramic view of Tea Estate. Dinner & overnight stay at hotel in Darjeeling.
Afterbreakfast, transfer to Bagdogra Airport to board the flight for Delhi.