SPAIN & PORTUGAL PRIVATE VAN TOUR – 12 Nights/13 Days
Spain & Portugal Private Van Tour
Destinations Information : Spain & Portugal
- 12 Nights accommodation in 3 Star Hotel.
- 12 Nights accommodation in 3 Star Hotel
- Daily Breakfast.
- Van Services as per itinerary.
- Orientation Tour Of Toledo.
- Guided city tour of Granada.
- Orientation tour of Gibraltar.
- Guided city tour of Seville.
- Orientation Tour of Evora.
- Guided city tour of Lisbon.
- Guided city tour of Fatima.
- Orientation Tour of Oporto.
- Orientation Tour of Salamanca.
- Orientation Tour of Avila.
- Orientation Tour of Segovia.
- Guided city tour of Madrid.
- 3 EURO tip per person per day.
- Cost of Basic Travel Quota (BTQ) equivalent to USD 10,000.
- No Porterage included.
- Any increase in the rate of exchange leading to an increase in surface transportation and land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure. The tour price is subject to increase without notice if this rate changes substantially prior to the departure of your tour.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as laundry, wines, mineral water, food and drink not in the regular menu provided by us pay TV, mini-bar, telephone calls, etc.
- All Meals
- Cost of excursions, city sightseeing, entrance fees and local guides other than that mentioned in “Tour Cost Includes”.
- Airfare & airport tax.
- Visa Fees.
- Travel insurance.
- Passengers joining this tour must travel to / from the hub city at their own expense.
- Due to major international events and trade fairs throughout Europe such as air-show, world athletic meet, ice skating championships, motor show, Tour de France, etc. the hotels may be blocked out more than 2 years in advance. In view of this you may have to stay in hotels further away from the cities/ different city and the itinerary may have to be altered /amended.
- We also reserve the right to substitute a hotel of similar class if it is deemed advisable or necessary.
- For the convenience of our passengers we will sometimes amend/alter the itinerary. However all the services will remain the same.
- TOUR DEPARTURES:-
- On request – please book at least 3-6 months ahead.
Day-1 Arrive in Madrid, Spain
Arrive Madrid & Check into your hotel. Rest of the day is free at leisure.
A short morning drive south to Toledo. Spectacularly situated on a granite hill surrounded by a loop of the Tagus River, the ancient Castilian capital attracts more sightseers from all over the world than any other Spanish town. Time to visit the old walled city – Granada, which was made famous in El Greco’s paintings. Even now it’s like a great open-air museum of Spanish history and art. Cross the Guadalquivir River and head for the olive and orange groves of the rolling Andalusian hills. Overnight in history-steeped Granada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada.
Day-3 Granada–Malaga–Costa del Sol
Take advantage of the visit of the Alhambra, a summer complex built by the Moorish kings. You’ll treasure the memory of its architectural beauty, and magnificent gardens. This afternoon, enjoy a scenic drive along the Costa del Sol via Malaga to your overnight hotel.
Day-4 Costa del Sol
A day at leisure to enjoy the sandy beaches, browse through the trendy boutiques, or sample the many fancy restaurants. Enjoy excursion to Mijas, a typical Andalusian market town with some enchanting views of the coast from its upper terraces.
Day-5 Costa del Sol–Gibraltar–Seville
First today, a visit to the strategic rock fortress of Gibraltar, in British hands since 1704. Then, on through the sunny sherry wine region on the Costa de la Luz to vibrant, festive Seville.
One of Spain’s most colorful cities. Perhaps you’d like to spend this morning enjoying sightseeing tour including the main highlights of the vibrant city.
Day-7 Seville–Evora, Portugal–Lisbon
This morning, enjoy the scenery of the Sierra de Aracena before crossing into Portugal and the fertile plains of the Alentejo. Admire the forest of cork trees and make a stop in Evora, a delightfully attractive Moorish city with arches, alleys, flower-decked balconies, and brilliant white houses. Take the motorway for the drive into Lisbon for two overnights.
Henry the Navigator made Lisbon the 15th-century “Mistress of the Seas.” You’ll see his monument, the Belem Tower, the Moorish Citadel, the impressive Black Horse Square, and other highlights on the guided sightseeing excursion. Spend the afternoon in the Alfama’s tile-decorated streets.
North this morning by way of Santarém, using the motorway to reach Fatima for a visit of its world-famous sanctuary. Later, Oporto on the northern bank of the River Douro.
Day-10 Oporto–Salamanca, Spain
A profusion of woodlands and mountains on your way to Spain by way of Fuentes de Onoro and Ciudad Rodrigo, located high above the Rio Agueda. Reach the ancient and beautiful university town of Salamanca in the early evening.
Leave Salamanca this morning, still visualizing its charming Plaza Mayor. Journey to fortified Avila with its many towers for an orientation tour. Visit St. Theresa’s convent before continuing to Segovia for a visit of this medieval town picturesquely set on a rocky hill. Cross the boundary between new and old Castile to arrive in Madrid.
Not only is it the capital of Spain, but because it is situated 2,180 feet above sea level, the Spaniards rightly say Madrid is the nearest thing to heaven. Enjoy the main highlights of the city.
After breakfast, Check out & depart to airport to board your flight.